Pierce’s Crew Foundation Scholarships
Who Can Receive Assistance?
- Families who live in Hancock County and surrounding counties (Wood, Allen, Putnam, Wyandot, Seneca, Sandusky and Henry Counties).
- Any individual with a diagnosed disability, there is no age limit. The child or individual must be diagnosed as having a physical, mental or emotional disability.
What Type of Assistance Do We Provide?
- Monetary Assistance to offset the cost of therapy and programs.
- Activities which might be awarded assistance include: Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Water Therapy, Horseback Riding, Social Groups, Ice Skating, Dance, and Occupational Therapy.
- Monetary Assistance is not intended for everyday medical expenses. This is designed for outside experiences to enrich the life of the individual.
How Much Assistance Do We Provide?
- Pierce’s Crew will consider Scholarship award amounts based on merit, the number of applicants and the availability of funds. Currently, the limit per individual is $600 per year.
- If scholarship is awarded the money will be paid directly to the service provider or organization providing the program or therapy.
How Are Assistance Decisions Made?
- Pierce’s Crew Foundation Scholarship Committee makes decisions based on the needs of each applicant.
- The Committee reviews a completed application and approves assistance on an as needed basis. Awards are contingent on funds available and number of applications per application period.
How Can I Receive An Application And When Is The Deadline?
- Log onto our website, PiercesCrew.org, to print out your application.
- Our Application deadlines are as follows: April 30, August 31, and December 31.
How Will I Know If Assistance Has Been Awarded Or Not?
- We will send you a letter in the mail, letting you know whether you will be awarded or denied.
Where Do I Return The Application When Completed?
- Please mail applications to: Pierce’s Crew Foundation, 655 Fox Run Rd. Suite B, Findlay, Ohio 45840
In addition to the Pierce’s Crew Foundation Application, the following documents must also be submitted. An application will not be considered unless all of the following documents are included.
_____ A completed Pierce’s Crew Foundation Application Form (pages 3-5).
_____ A copy of an IEP or letter from the applicant’s licensed Clinician, Therapist or Doctor. The letter must include applicant’s disability or diagnosis.
_____ Proof of Address. A copy of a household bill, or the applicant’s or parent’s driver’s license.
_____ Bill or estimated cost of requested therapy or program.